New walking group
We’ve recently re-launched our walking group in June 2021 and our Health Coaches are looking forward to taking people out on guided walks around Cheshire East!
Our walks are in large open space areas with flat ground. We have 2 different types of walks available range from 45 minutes to longer walks, which can be up to 75 minutes long. Your Health Coach will help you decide which one to try at the start.
The walks are held all around Cheshire East, from Tatton park to Queens park in Crewe and are a great way to meet new people in your local area whilst getting active.
New walks in Cheshire East are currently taking place in:
- Alsager – Alsager Salt line
- Bollington – Bollington canal
- Congleton – Astbury Mere
- Crewe – Queens Park and Georges Park
- Knutsford – Tatton Park
- Macclesfield – Victoria Park and South Park
- Nantwich – Nantwich lake and Nantwich riverside loop
- Sandbach – Wheellock rail trail
- Wilmslow – The Carrs
- Winsford – Winsford Park
If you would like to sign up, please use our registration page to sign up to the ‘*New* Walking Group.’
Free Online Workouts with Qualified Health Coaches
The One You Cheshire East team want to help you stay fit at home. There has never been a more important time to stay active, keep moving and look after our physical health.
Join our free Facebook sessions which are streamed live every weekday. (eligibility criteria applies)We offer a wide variety of exercise classes. Classes include:
- Body Conditioning with Katie
- Stretch & Flow with Sophie
- Standing Core with Reece
- Body Weight Exercises with Ellis
- Resistance Band Sessions with Rachel
Each Thursday, our Health & Wellbeing Coach, Kevin, hosts a live Q&A in our private Facebook group on general health and wellbeing topics to help you during these tough times.
- Resilience & Flexibility
- Improving Sleep
- The Effects of Exercise
- Frequency of Workouts
- Realistic Outcomes from Exercise
- Sustaining a Healthy Nutritious Diet
If you’d like to take advantage of our free workouts, you can join our programme for free as a resident of Cheshire East. Our programmes are fully funded by Cheshire East Council so are free to you! Once you register online, we’ll have a quick chat about your current health and get you signed up to get support from our certified Health Coaches.
Men’s Only Move More & Lose Weight Group
We’d love for you to join our Men’s Only programme for Move More and Lose Weight if you live in Cheshire East.
In the private Facebook Group, you’ll have exclusive access to:
- Live Workout Videos with Ellis, Adam and Reece
- Access to Healthy and Tasty Recipes
- Weekly Q&A Sessions
- Cookalong Live Videos
Watch Adam’s video to see how exercise helped him keep up with his kids and lead by example.
Did you know?
- The NHS suggest that adults should aim to do at least 150 minutes of moderate physical activity a week.
- Physical activity helps reduce the risk of developing conditions such as coronary heart disease, Type 2 diabetes, obesity, stroke, certain cancers, musculoskeletal conditions and mental health issues.
- Physical activity can improve your mental wellbeing, your sleep pattern and relieve stress.
How are you?
Our lifestyles can be more unhealthy than we think. Start the journey back to a healthier you. Take the One You quiz and see how you score.Start Quiz