Your weight can make a big difference to your health.
That’s because being overweight increases your risk of developing conditions such as heart disease, Type 2 diabetes and certain cancers, and carrying extra weight puts more pressure on joints such as your knees and ankles.
So being a healthy weight has many health benefits. Simple changes to what and how much you eat, combined with your level of physical activity can really help shed the pounds. Better still, you’ll feel alert; have increased motivation and feel much better about yourself.
Lose weight the healthy way
Essentially, there are two elements to maintaining your weight at the right level – what you eat and what you do – and a combination of the two is the best way to lose weight.
It’s not just about eating less, but eating the right foods. Looking at the amount of sugar and salt in foods and making sure you eat the right mix of food types throughout the day. It means you don’t have to give up the things you love, just keep the right balance of foods and be physically active. This way you’ll burn off more calories to help keep your weight at the right level.
Re-Shape Weight Management Programme
Re-shape is a programme that helps adults makes lifestyle changes that will enable them to lose weight and improve their health. The programme offers practical, no nonsense advice, helps overcome barriers to weight loss, make sensible food choices and become more active.
Re-Shape is available to Cheshire East residents aged 18 or over, who have a BMI of 25 to 39.9 and are motivated and wanting to lose weight.
Over the 12 weeks you will:
- Receive help and support to address your individual barriers to weight loss and achieve your goals.
- Attend a weekly group nutrition education session followed by a led walk
- Learn about nutrition, eating a balanced and healthy diet, portion sizes, importance of food labels, making healthier food choices, eating out and much more!
- Identify opportunities to get active and learn why it is important to your health
- Have access to a wide range of physical activity and exercise opportunities, including swimming, exercise classes, gym, walking and much more!
Check your BMI
Powered by BMI Calculator
How are you?
Our lifestyles can be more unhealthy than we think. Start the journey back to a healthier you. Take the One You quiz and see how you score.Start Quiz