Here we have for you a delicious recipe to keep you warm this winter
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 cups diced sweet onion
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and mined
- 1 tablespoon peeled and minced fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 4 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup almond butter (can substitute peanut butter)
- 3 cups peeled and diced carrots
- 3 cups peeled and diced sweet potatoes
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp.. black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- Lime wedges
- Fresh cilantro
- Red pepper flakes
- Coconut milk
- 1/2 cup raw almonds, finely chopped
- In a large heavy-bottom pot, melt the coconut oil over medium heat. Add the onions, garlic and ginger and cook, stirring frequently, for 5-6 minutes or until the onion is translucent. Stir in the curry paste.
- In a small bowl, whisk together a small amount of the vegetable broth with the almond butter to help smooth it out. Then add this mixture, along with the remaining vegetable broth, to the pot. Stir in the carrots, sweet potatoes, salt, black pepper and cayenne pepper. Bring the soup to a low boil and then reduce the heat to maintain a simmer. Simmer the soup, covered, for 15-20 minutes, or until the carrots and potatoes are fork tender.
- Meanwhile, pre-heat your oven to 325 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Toss the chopped almonds then spread the almonds out in a single layer over the parchment paper. Transfer the baking sheet to your pre-heated oven and roast the almonds for 9-11 minutes, until lightly golden . Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- Once the vegetables are tender, remove the pot from the heat and allow the soup to cool slightly. Then using a blender, blend the soup until it’s smooth. Alternatively, you can purée the soup in your blender, making sure to be careful when transferring and blending hot liquids, and working in small batches as necessary.
- Re-warm the puréed soup over low-medium heat. Taste and adjust the salt and pepper. You can also thin the soup out to your desired consistency with a little more vegetable broth.
- To serve, ladle the warm soup into bowls. Top with the almonds. You can also add a squeeze of fresh lime juice, cilantro, red pepper flakes and a drizzle of coconut milk, if desired.
- Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in your refrigerator for about 5 days.
For help with the ingredients please visit
http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/Back to Blog