One You Cheshire East is part of a national health initiative supported by Cheshire East Council, along with Peaks & Plains Housing Trust. The programmes are fulfilled by other organisations including Everybody Sport and Recreation and community and specialist groups.
One You Cheshire East provides an integrated and easy-to-access option for residents to address a range of lifestyle issues.
You are able to refer suitable patients to a range of services including Weight Management, Smoking Cessation, Alcohol Management, Physical Activity, Falls Prevention, Family Health and Cookery Courses
Adult Weight Management
Eligible patients have access to the free Re-Shape Weight Management Plan. A 12-week programme designed to support individuals to lose weight safely and sustainably.
The programme is available to Cheshire East residents aged 18 or over, who have a BMI of 25 to 39.9 and are motivated and wanting to lose weight.
Over the 12 weeks they will:
- Receive help and support to address individual barriers to weight loss and achieve their goals
- Attend a weekly group nutrition education session followed by a guided walk
- Learn about nutrition, eating a balanced and healthy diet, portion sizes, importance of food labels, making healthier food choices and eating out
- Identify opportunities to get active and learn why it is important to health
- Have access to a range of physical activity opportunities including gym classes and facilities
Patients can access free community and specialist stop smoking services.
Free and confidential advice on quitting for good is available through a number of pharmacy and community-based clinics and drop-ins.
Kickstart Specialist Services
Kickstart is Cheshire East’s Specialist Stop Smoking Service, and focuses on the following three groups:
- Pregnant women and their partners
- Mental health service users
- Signposting hospital patients into community services and supporting staff
Access to free community support services is available to those at risk of regularly drinking in excess of the recommended alcohol intake.
We offer free 12 week physical activity programmes for those wishing to move more.
The Active Lives programme is a 12-week course tailored to individual needs. Individuals will have contact with a dedicated Lifestyle Coach to set goals and stay motivated.
After an initial consultation individuals will be given a membership card that allows access to any Active Lives centres. Access is unlimited and centres are open from 6.00am to 10.00pm, 7 days a week.
To be eligible for the programme a person must be a Cheshire East resident, aged 18 years and over, doing less than 30 minutes of moderate intensity physical activity per week, motivated and wanting to be more physically active.
If you have concerns about a patient at risk of falling we offer a free programme to help.
Be Steady Be Safe is a 24-week programme consisting of balance re-training and strength exercise classes, prescribed home exercise and education.
The patient must live in Cheshire East, be aged 65 years or over and have either poor balance or mobility, Osteoporosis or has fallen in the past 12 months.
Free programmes are available to families wishing to lose weight and improve physical activity and expectant mothers over a healthy weight.
The 12 week Let’s Get Movin’ programme is available to families with children aged 4-18 years. One child in the family must be over a healthy weight.
They will have unlimited access to a range of activities and interactive workshops covering:
- The key factors influencing weight and health
- Portion control
- Food labelling
- Healthy snacks and physical activity
Fit 4 Birth is available to pregnant women with a BMI over 30.
The programme provides support to start gentle, regular exercise and advice on how to eat a healthy and balanced diet during and after pregnancy.
Cookery courses are available to Cheshire East residents aged over the age of 18.
The six week course covers:
- How to cook healthy, low cost, nutritional meals from scratch
- Understand food labels and nutritional information
- Prepare correct portion sizes
- How to reduce waste
- How to prepare and forward plan meals
- Understand the different food groups using the Eat Well plate
- Basic food and hygiene practice